Traditional Braces in Naperville, IL
Traditional Braces in Naperville
Without orthodontic treatment with braces, jaw growth and alignment can be affected. This can cause an overall decline in oral health. Braces can be used as early as age six, when a child’s jaw is still developing and malocclusion is in its earliest stage. Malocclusion is simply an abnormal alignment of the upper and lower teeth. To determine the best type of braces your dentist will assess the malocclusion issues in relation to spacing and jaw alignment.
Some signs of malocclusion include the following:
- Irregular and excessive spacing between teeth
- Feeling of pain or tenderness in the jaw or facial muscles
- Overlapping teeth (crowded)
- Front teeth excessively protruding over the lower teeth (overbite)
- Lower front teeth overlapping the upper front teeth (underbite)
- Upper and lower teeth not touching (open bite)
To learn more about braces in Naperville, contact our office today! We will work with you to determine the best braces for improving your smile and jaw alignment.